Missy is my home and on-going bus conversion, sorta tiny home project.
She is a 1998 MCI 102-EL3 ‘Renaissance.’ She started life as a tour bus. I had a great deal of work to do to make her livable. She is now quite comfortable but FAR from finished! We spend the majority of our time boondocking in the most spectacular places in the North American west. The solar system provides for all of the electrical power – I don’t even own a generator.
First, why “Missy”?? Well… I think that is how one pronounces “MCI”, is it not?? 🙂
This is basically how she looked when we met…
… and how she looks currently.
I have a very long way to go and lots of work to do… Friends ask when she will be finished. The answer is: “I have no idea.”
- More Destruction
- Water Storage
- Missy goes to the doctor
- Receiver hitch installation
- Electrical System Design
- 24 Volt Battery Bank
- New Sub-Floor
- Holding Tank Platform
- Closing the Gaping Hole
- Window Weatherstripping – LOTS of windows!
- Refrigerator Shopping… and couch
- Plumbing – Moving the Liquids
- Fixing the roof leaks
- Towing Lights for da’Jeep
- Backup video camera and a roof mounted camera
- Solar Panel Charging System – 1720 Watts
- Lithium Battery (Installing a Lithium Battery Bank and Programming Morningstar Charge Controller for Lithium)
- New Tires
- Bed Frame – More Bed Frame
- Tire Explosion – The Aftermath: Repairs
- Window Screens
- Cork Laminate Flooring
- Kitchen Counter Top
- Bathroom sink and faucet
- Bathroom Heated Tile Flooring
- Shower Construction and Glass Enclosure and Fully Functioning Shower
- Clothes Washer/Dryer Combo
- Medicine Cabinet
- Sexy Shiny Aluminum Wheels
The wet bay in progress.
Leveling the floor.
The electrical “wall” in progress.